Host a Gathering
Connection Cure gatherings are intimate experiences for groups of friends, families, communities, and strangers.
Gatherings are for those interested in deepening their connections; if you’ve ever experienced feelings of isolation or loneliness, if you’re longing to engage with yourself and delve into meaningful conversation and connection with others, and have a desire to create a sense of belonging, then it is time for you to gather.
Gatherings happen in living rooms, backyards, community centers, wellness spaces, boats, restaurants, co-working spaces, etc. Gatherings have been held for women’s groups, men’s groups, book clubs, non-profits, and schools, and are customized to address the group’s unique needs. All groups and communities are welcome to apply for a Connection Cure gathering to come to you!
Connection Cure gatherings are about creating spaces to learn, explore, and talk about connection while deepening our relationships and creating new community.
Through discussions and exercises participants will:
- Understand the science behind the Connection Cure and learn how face to face interaction changes our bodies.
- De-stigmatize loneliness by engaging in conversation around why it’s important for our survival
- Create conversation around the power and importance of reaching out
- Practical tools for building and creating flourishing relationships
- Create positive connection with others
- Practice asking about the feels instead of the facts
- Deepen brief exchanges by using techniques and prompts to create community, and have meaningful connections in our daily interactions
What do you need to host a Connection Cure Gathering?
- A great host! If you’re an undercover event planner, if you love to get your friends together, if you want a unique experience for your work staff, or a dining experience that goes deep, if you’re a believer in the power of conversation and want more of it, if you’d like to help people put down their phones and talk instead of text, then I want to hear from you!
- A gathering space that holds a minimum of eight people
- Two hour time slot
- A group of interested and engaged individuals