FOR CORPORATIONS, UNIVERSITIES, NON-PROFITS + ANYWHERE ELSE WHERE PEOPLE ARE LONELY.
The human body has been designed to sustain itself, heal, and empathize through moments of face-to-face engagement. We are social beings—we need one another to thrive. But when we direct our attention to our screens instead of to each other, our bodies miss out on oxytocin–the bodies’ feel good, “calm and connect” hormone, which helps us understand social cues and create trust. As society seems to become more isolated, with nearly half of Americans feeling lonely, the time is now to prioritize our connections.
The power of seeing and being seen has been scientifically proven to help us heal our bodies. Finding people who help us thrive through support, motivation, and encouragement, deepens those relationships, while building our resiliency.
In the workshop, you can expect to:
- De-stigmatize loneliness – learn how and why we feel lonely, how does loneliness affect our health and wellbeing, how has loneliness been a necessity for the survival of our species?
- Discuss the science behind loneliness and connection—how does face-to-face connection change our bodies’ hormones, lower our cortisol, and boost our immune system?
- Practice how connection and community can help heal and strengthen our bodies
- Create conversation around how to deepen relationships
- Engage in practical, tactical, easy ways to connect
- Create conversation around using these techniques to build community
- Discover how connecting with others can help you connect with yourself and your purpose
—Oakley Boycott, Actress
—Jennifer Oh, Director of Chapter Development
Volunteer Coordinator, and Support Leader, HMN
Lisa’s workshop was inspirational and emotional, her message resonated with everyone, reminding us of the strength of our connections, and the power of unconditional love in our service to others. Lisa guided us through several exercises that truly brought us back to our core ‘why’. We are grateful to Lisa for her willingness to share her light and love with us!”